Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update from the past..gulp..4 months!

So.. I feel like this is a little anti climatic to write about my pregnancy when the Luke has already been born for two weeks, but for posterity's sake, I wanted to at least post these past journal entries I wrote months ago in hopes of putting them on my blog.

This is from back in November so I was like 28 weeks prego..


These weeks are seriously beginning to FLY by. I can’t believe I am already starting my third trimester at the end of this week. This whole thing has gone by so fast. I am starting to get a little freaked out as everything is starting to seem very real to me. I think what made that really happen was doing my baby registries. I spent hours pouring over the registries at Babies R Us and Target. Turns out, registering online is wonderful because you can read reviews on everything you register for. But it was registering that made me realize there is so much in the world of baby I know nothing about. At the same time, registering made me so excited to finally have out sweet baby here. For some reason I LOVE the bath stuff. The little robes and hooded towels and cute little bathtubs are to die for. As I went through and carefully picked each item, I couldn’t help but imagine using them for baby Luke. I love reading and hearing about peoples birth experiences. It gives me chills every time. I am so excited to experience that with my sweet husband, I think it will be such a special time.

Things I have noticed the past few weeks:

I have now gained a little over 15 pounds. I am gaining about a pound a week pretty consistently these days, I just hope I can maintain that and blow up like a balloon the last couple of months.

Baby Luke is starting to go CRAZY! I feel him kicking a lot more during the day when before he was a lot more active at night (hopefully that means he’ll be a good sleeper?. Fingers crossed) The other day, we were playing music to my belly trying to see what he would respond to. I couldn’t really tell a difference until Jered started reading him a Dr. Suess book, then he started moving like crazy. Turns out he loves his daddy’s voice more than music.

Bending over is becoming a real chore. I sort of avoid it at all costs. When I do have to bend down, I find myself making grunting noises despite my best efforts not to sound like an old woman.

I am still craving gross food. Ie. Last week I decided the only thing I wanted for lunch were some Mcdonalds chicken nuggets, some French fries and one of those nasty squished happy meal hamburgers. I wanted it to the point that when the first Mcdonald’s credit card machine was down I drove all the way across town and risked being late back to work just to get some of that goodness in me. (Mom if you’re reading this, please don’t disown me)

Thank the heavens I still haven’t had any heart burn. It may come later but I have heard so many horror stories about it that it’s something I’ve really been dreading.

I feel myself slowing down. If I’m on my feet all day, but the end of the day I am wiped out. I get tired really easily and Jered teases me about how late I sleep in on Saturdays. On the days that I can sleep, I feel like I could just stay in bed forever!

My back is my biggest battle. It hurts always. Weird pain especially on my left side and I don’t really know what causes it. What I do know is that sitting at a desk all day doesn’t help it. I have tried a back brace which didn’t to much and Jered is good to give me massages when I’m dying but I think it’s just going to get worse. I don’t really want to take medication so it’s just something I’ll have to muscle through for the next 3 months.

Overall, things are going so well. I am so grateful I haven’t had any complications thus far. What a blessing to be able to still live my life while our baby continues to grow stronger and bigger. Who knows what will happen in the next few months, but for now, I am so grateful for the blessing of a healthy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment