Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christmas and a Shower in Utah!

This one is another update on pregnancy and just life and is very journal-ish but I just want it on here so I can keep all of these together. Read or skip, depending on how many details of my life you're interested in :)

Dec 30, 2011
I have been so bad at writing, I wanted to write about Christmas and the last few months of pregnancy. I am 33 almost 34 weeks now and things are moving along nicely. I’m starting to get a little bit nervous about the whole thing, especially the financial aspect of it.

In other news, I can’t believe how fast these last weeks are going. Last night Jered told me that according to his app I only have 43 days left. I looked at him and said no way that’s not right. But I did a little math in my head and it is right! My feelings are starting to be really mixed. On the one hand, it feels like we have been waiting for this forever and I can’t wait to meet our sweet baby. On the other hand, because my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful, it seems like we have just been going through our lives the same as before I was pregnant with some small differences but nothing major. And I haven’t been thinking about this baby every second so it feels like all of the sudden this is happening and it is starting to get a little scary. One of the concerns Jered and I have is that the baby is going to lessen our relationship with one another. We talked about it the other night and it’s hard to share each other with other people and with a baby there is no break. I told Jered that it was something I was very aware of and something I see so much is parent’s having kids and forgetting about eachother. I really don’t want that to happen but instead for us to grow closer together because of it and do it together. I know that everything is going to change once it is our baby and not just one we play with for a few minutes but it’s still a scary thing, but I think if we're aware of it we can have the best of both worlds.

Things are getting pretty squishy in the belly. I was reading the book for the birthing class that we’re not taking and it showed a picture of how squished your organs are in the third trimester. It’s amazing I can eat more than an apple with how small my stomach is right now and my poor intestines are packed into like a fourth of the space they used to be. The shortness of breath and constant kicks to the ribs all made sense with one look at the picture. I just can’t imagine having twins.. teena is a rock star. The baby is getting so big that I can feel his body parts. It’s fun to feel him so active.

Elise and andra had a baby shower for me while I was in Utah and it was sooo fun to see everybody. I got to see all my roommates who I hadn’t seen most of them since my wedding. They are such fun girls and I feel so lucky to have stayed in touch with them all this time. It was so sweet of elise to do that for me and it was way cute. I also got some really fun things that I am excited about. Just good thoughtful gifts. It was a great way to end the trip.

Christmas was fun. It’s interesting as you get older how Christmas isn’t what it used to be. I find myself looking forward to when we are the givers and now so much the receivers like for our kids. I am excited to have a little guy who can’t wait for Santa Clause and Christmas morning. It was a fun and relaxing day though. I got a cricket paper cutter which I’m way excited about and Jered got a bunch of clothes and a huge tool set which will be nice. He made me the cutest present which was a book for baby Luke that he wrote himself and drew the pictures. It is a story of how we met but he made it into a fairy tale. He is so sweet and thoughtful, I always love to see what he comes up with. I got him a “chill town” shirt from big brother that he is like obsessed with and loved, so I’m glad for that. On this end, we got money to buy new temple clothes which is something we have been needing FORVER so that’s a great present. We gave my parents tickets to see brad paisley, Scotty mcleary and the band perry in concert and they seemed way excited so that was fun too. That night we went up to grandma and grandpas for Christmas dinner with the whole fam and it was so fun to be with everyone and play games and to the things I grew up doing. It was also fun to be with ash and tay. We hadn’t seen them since their wedding in june and we really have a good time together. I always love going up there and seeing everyone and it was nice to have so much time this year!
Life is good..

Here are some pictures of life and some Christmas Festivities:
Hannah's Birthday
Watching ice skaters at the Irvine Spectrum
Amazing christmas house in Laguna Hills
Watching the sunset after the sawdust festival in Laguna Beach
Lights at Eagle Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment