Sunday, October 23, 2011

Annual Trip with ma mamma

This past week, my mom and I took out annual trip. This year, we decided to stay closer to home just because of the bebe and I don't have a ton of PTO for work right now. We went up the coast and had such a good time. It was so relaxing because we didn't really have a set plan and just kind of did whatever. Our only big plans were to go to Hearst castle.

THe first day, we drove up to Solvang and spent the day up there. It is such a beautiful and unique place to go. We spent hours just looking at all their fun shops and bakeries and book stores and everything else they have. We spend like 2 hours in a craft store and bought some way cool homemade paper to make cards with. We stayed in a cute little hotel out of town that night and just had a relaxing day.

The next day, we drove a couple of hours of the coast and went to Hearst castle. That place is amazing. Seriously one of the coolest places I've been. It is so ridiculously gaudy, like a European castle but so incredible. The amount of art there is in there is staggering. Most of the decor is from the 15th and 16th century and it's so cool so look at. He also mixed cultures together like ancient asian pieces with roman and french and even had Egyptian sculptures from B.C. It was just so unique.

Saturday was a pretty chill day. We headed down to Ojai where my mom grew up and she gave me the grand tour because it had been like 10 years since the last time I was there. We met up with my uncle Brad and aunt Crystal at Ojai days, a festival in downtown Ojai and hung out with them for the day. It was fun to just see where she grew up. It was such a pretty place to grow up. Overall, such a fun trip. It was just a little guy but I love that time we get to have together just the tow of us every year.

3 comments:

  1. Finally, I see a for real baby bump! You look stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the perfect little fall gt-a-way. Thanks for always making time to play with me! It just goes way too fast!

    ReplyDelete