Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weeks 19-22

Weeks 19-22

These last couple have weeks have been up and down as far as how I have been feeling. My whole pregnancy has been pretty uneventful except for these random headaches that I get that get pretty bad. They haven’t been super common and I have been grateful that I haven’t had anything work than a headache. Then, last week, I woke up on Thursday morning feeling so out of it. I was just exhausted and didn’t even want to get out of bed. It was weird I was just wasted. The night before, I had tried to do my homework and ended up falling asleep at like 8:30 at night and woke up for long enough to tell my work I wasn’t coming in and ended up sleeping until like 4:30. It was nuts, I didn’t know I had the ability to sleep that long! The next day was the same thing. Just so tired and out of it and I just felt strange. But I slept and rested and Jered took good care of me and that night we were able to go out to dinner and I felt ok. Saturday I had Super Saturday all day (activities committee) and was kind of nervous for that but it went ok and although I was way tired by the end of it, I was still able to do stuff that night. Today I’m back at work and I feel good, so who knows what was going on.

Other things I’ve noticed the past few weeks:

It’s getting increasingly harder to bend straight down for stuff, especially when I’m sitting down. All my air gets blocked and I’m like gasping for air by the time I reach whatever I am trying to get.

My dreams are WEIRD.. and scary. I remember reading before I got pregnant that you have weird dreams but I always wondered what made the difference between being pregnant or not. I still don’t know what the difference is but am definitely a believer in the fact that it happens!

I crave gross food. I mean hamburgers and French fries but not even the good ones, like Mcdonalds nasty stuff and pop tarts and little kids candy like sour patch kids and skittles. Weird..

I get this weird piercing pain by my ribs every once in a while. It’s always in the same place and it literally takes my breath away it hurts so bad. People keep telling me it’s the baby but it seems really high for such a little guy.

I am finally starting to feel the baby kick. It is down super low (it feels like he is giving little pokes to my bladder all the time) but I love it. Last night I was listening to a bunch of new music on itunes and baby was kicking away. I it such a cool thing and makes me feel so much more connected to him. I told Jered we were having bonding time over the new Tony Bennet duets album. I can’t wait for him to start kicking on the outside so Jered can feel him.

I can’t believe I’m 22 weeks! This morning at work I had someone call about a baby that had been born at 25 weeks. What?! How is that even possible. That would be like me having a baby 3 weeks from now! I can’t imagine how tiny that baby must have been. Like just a little over a pound. Nuts that they can save a babies life that tiny. Anyway, I feel so blessed to have this little guy growing healthy in there.

(pics are on facebook of these weeks, for some reason they won't let me upload them onto my blog)

1 comment:

  1. so sweet to hear how you are doing and how the baby is developing. If you keep having those sharp pains I would ask for an xray. It sounds like it's near your lungs?? I had a partial lung collapse with Joshua. I couldn't tell you how it happened I just woke up with this sharp pain that wouldn't go away. I'm not trying to scare you but that doesn't sound like the baby to me either. What about your appendix? I'm just giving you things to think about. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete