Sunday, September 5, 2010

what counts

Pretty sure today was the most boring day of work yet.. that’s saying something. All day I’ve tried to busy my self doing good employee-like things.. but what is a person supposed to do when one doctor is out and the other one is only here this afternoon.. the phones have cop webs growing on them their so dead and I feel a fog coming over my brain from the lack of stimulation...

It's four thirty now.. just an hour to go. I’ve managed to stay internet free for most of the day.. although I did get on a blog or two about 6 hours (what felt like 12) into this never ending day. What kills me is that I know Jered is having the same kind of day. With school out and work over for another week, he is about as bored or more than I am. Both having the same day in two different places.. that’s what makes it so boring I guess..




It’s days like these that I don’t regret one bit what I did.. once.. confession time. Jered started trying to talk me into it a couple days before. Calling in sick to work. His friends Bell and Michelle were gonna be in town and they wanted us to come to Six Flags with them. We’ve been trying to go all summer but it was a matter of getting work off since Saturdays are crazy. All day the day before he kept trying to talk me into getting off work telling me how fun it would be to go. I kept saying I couldn’t because I had just missed three days of work to go to Utah. We went back and forth and finally he gave up realizing I had made up my mind. I went to work the next day bummed to say the least. For me, this job is totally a means to an end, and it’s hard to give up stuff like spending a day at Six Flags with my favorite person to go answer phones and make appointments. I got into work and my wonderful co-worker Josie said she was surprised to see me there and that she thought I would have called in sick to go with my husband. That made me totally second guess the whole thing and I started wishing I had just called in sick. She told me to just call my supervisor and tell her I wasn’t feeling well and that would be the end of it. That she would cover for me. It took a few minutes to build up the courage but I called my supervisor and did just that.  And she was fine with it.. and that was that.  I sped home as fast as I could, jumped on Jered who was still asleep and told him we were gonna go play.. on a work day!! Now.. I am in no way suggesting that a little bit of fibbing is the solution to spending more time with your significant other.. but in this case.. it worked.  That day was so wonderful knowing that I should spending an uneventful day at the office and I was instead having the time of my life with my boo at Six Flags. It is a memory I will keep with me for a long time.  I think when I look back in five years, I will still be happy for that magical, (terrifying) day we had at six flags...

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing when we had been married about 8 months. I still remember it, it was a snowy day in October, biggest on record. We just drove around and looked at all the snow and broken branches etc... it was a wonderful day, nothing like skipping work every once in a while! It has a totally different feel to it.... wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete