Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Sunday

This year, Easter Sunday was pretty special for us.  Not only did we get to spend it with my family in Utah, we also got to bless baby Luke.
It was so fun to go up to Utah and finally have the rest of my family meet baby Luke.  (My mom, my aunt Robynn and my brother and sister-in-law Tay and Ash were the only ones who had met him previously). My dad and brothers Mitch and Bren were so cute with him and I was surprised how much time they wanted to spend with him.  Brennan was especially quotable checking when we first got there to make sure Luke was a boy and then later saying while Luke cooed at Bren, "he's talking but I don't relate."  Love that kid.  I even asked him to go check on Luke for me during one of his naps and Bren informed me that he "just did."  My dad was also so cute to watch. He didn't want to let go of Luke and he and my mom even slept with him on one of the nights. I don't think Jered and I held him the whole time we were there except to feed and change him, but that's ok, he was in good hands.
 Sunday morning we woke up and had Easter baskets.  Both my mom and I had gotten stuff for Luke and even though he had no idea what was going on, it was so fun to give him stuffed bunnies and toys and books, just to celebrate his very first holiday.  I love that it was also his blessing day.  As we were about to leave for church, I put him on the couch and put all the things he had gotten for Easter around him and it was like everyone forgot what we were doing and went crazy taking pictures of little Luke.  For the next 15 minutes my mom, me, Jered, Ash and Tay snapped pictures and oohed and aaahed over how cute he looked.  That little boy was the center of attention in the Hawkins home that's for sure.
 I loved listening to Jered bless Luke.  Love that he made it so personal; it is such an amazing thing for me to watch my husband become a father.  There is already something so unique about he and Luke's relationship and I think blessing Luke only deepened that.  Jered is such a good dad.  He fusses over Luke sometimes more than I do and is so good with him. They are going to be best buddies.
Luke in his blessing outfit.  The romper was worn by all by brothers and the shoes are from 1931.  Jered's grandpa, dad and he wore them.  Love.  
Easter Sunday was so perfect.  It was filled with family and friends, yummy food and beautiful sunshine.  I love everything about Easter Sunday from the blossoms bursting from the trees to the chocolate eggs and bunnies to seeing the little kids in their new easter outfits all bright and shiny and new.  I love that we get to go to church every Easter and remember the reason we celebrate, and I love coming together as a family and remembering why it is so important that we follow that Man whom we celebrate, who died and was raised again for us.

    
Cousins Sammy and Luke
               
 


1 comment:

  1. Such great pics! It was so fun to see you and baby Luke again.

    ReplyDelete