Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long Beach and a new table..

I know most of you (3) people who are reading this probably won't care, but we were soo stoked.  Since we've been married, we have been using a borrowed card table for our dining room table.  I must have looked at tables on craigslist 34 times but have never actually bought one.  The other day, Jered's aunt Lori said she had a friend who was giving away her table and did we want it.  You can guess what we said.  I came home on Friday from work to this..
I have never heard Jered talk about a piece of furniture like he does this table. Every time he walks by it and says, "Boo..I love this table!" It's so funny. He says he loves anything that makes our apt seem more like a home.  You gotta love that kid.  You never know what will tickle his fancy.  

***

Contrary to what I thought before we went there, Long Beach is not all ghetto.  The city center is pretty cool. We went last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  There are all kinds of little shops and restaurants a lot of which are right on the water front. My camera card was missing but I was just able to take these pics of us in this amazing book shop we found where everything was a dollar.  Everything!  If Jered hadn't talked some sense into me, I would have bought their entire young adult section. They had all the classics.  
We ate dinner at this old school diner and picked songs from the nickel juke box.  Fun day.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing quite like making your house a home. Did Jered put the tablecloth and bowl on too? I am honored. Your apartment is so cute!

    ReplyDelete