Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You Know it Time to Trim Down When..

You know it’s time to start trimming down when…







You’re taking family pictures and you look at the picture and mention you look on the chubby side, your mom, turns to you with a knowing look and says, “honey, you just need to suck in!” you turn back to her, a cold sweat running down your back and say,.. “Mom, I was…”






Suddenly, you’re wondering why you bought all of you pants a size too small.. or maybe you just dried them.. right?






You find unbuttoning your top button as you sit down to eat is becoming part of your routine..






Jeggings start to replace all other pants in your closet.. elastic band baby




Your “fat day clothes” start becoming your normal clothes..






When joking about weight with your brother, he looks at you and says.. “yeah, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that..”






Jered can tell me he loves me "curvy" all he wants, but as I started checking off all the things on this list, I realized I couldn’t deny the facts any longer.. I had officially become “that girl who gains weight her first year of marriage” I had to do something fast.. so we've decided to start... drum roll please.. P90X! So far, we've done it every single night this week.. yes that would be Monday night and Tuesday night.. but so far things are going great!  It's a great reminder as to just how out of shape I am when I see Jered doing everything on the "advanced" level and I'm begging to stop after 30 minutes of the modified version.. Jered makes me do it in my skivies which keeps things interesting.. and.. this may be a little to much information.. but last night we were doing these jump and pull your knees to your chest thing when I heard this weird clapping noise.. Come to find out, it was my actual THIGHS clapping together when I jumped.. I should add that to my "ways you know it's time to slim down" list.  Jered lost it and fell to the floor in histerics.. he thought it was the funniest thing that ever happened.  So much for being ok with a little more to love..

2 comments:

  1. That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!! The meaning of my comment was, you don't need to lose weight, if you want to look smaller in pictures just suck in! I think you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah! It's Rachel from USU?! I found your blog through Charlotte's. I'm not immune to a little blogstalking once in a while ;) I think about you quite a bit and wonder how you are doing! I was so excited when I saw your name on here. And you're married :) Congratulations! Hope things are well for you two beautiful people and we can stay in touch through the blogosphere? Take care!

    ReplyDelete